Important step in Sweden’s efforts to become a world leader in e-health by 2025
- Allows to improve patient healthcare combining high-end and confidential video communications
- Ensures safe, secure and cost effective digital ward rooms for public and private healthcare providers
Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in real-time business communications, today announced the signature of a partnership with Compodium International AB, a recognized specialist in secure digital meetings and connected events, to provide secure digital hospital wards to all Swedish healthcare providers, public and private.
Digital wards are growing very fast and are demanded by an increasing number of healthcare providers and patients. It is also one of the Swedish government’s clearest goals. To meet the doctor or district nurse at a distance will become a natural part of tomorrow’s healthcare. The challenge, however, is always to ensure the security and confidentiality. This is what Compodium, together with Mitel’s high rated video, contact center, and UCC solutions solved through the market’s most secure encryption, including also personal BankID login.
This partnership allows to seamlessly integrate Compodium’s proven digital meetings solutions with Mitel’s high-end communication applications and platforms, thus enabling safe, secure and cost-effective care for both the caregiver and the patient.
In Sweden, Mitel is the leading provider of communications solutions for government agencies, county councils, municipalities and businesses with a market share of more than 50%(1).
Compodium has 400 digital hospital wards all over Sweden with more than 1200 hours of video meetings every day. It has framework agreements with all of Sweden’s county councils and operational responsibility for Sjunet video infrastructure – a quality assured communications with guaranteed availability, specifically designed and adapted for health care.
– Mitel is number one in Western Europe(2) and the fastest growing provider of cloud services, while Compodium is very sharp and brings a unique expertise and experience in securing digital meetings. With this partnership, Mitel channel partners and our customers will be offered an innovative, future-proof and cost-effective solution that is in line with the requirements of health and the care setting. Together we are building the most secure digital hospital rooms, thus delivering on our strategy to build a complete ecosystem dedicated to healthcare in Sweden, said Claes Kolare, President Mitel Sweden.
– Compodium has been delivering safe and reliable video conferencing to demanding customers in healthcare, defense, large companies and organizations for 20 years. Agreement with Mitel is an important milestone for our growth and we are proud of their trust. The Government and Innovation Minister Michael Damberg has ruled that Sweden should be a world leader in e-health in 2025. Mitel and Compodium will contribute to this goal and together we can both develop the ehealthcare sector. says Bengt Grahn, CEO of Compodium.
Mitel is the fastest-growing provider of cloud business communications in the world.
Mitel is the only brand to appear in all five Magic Quadrants for business communications.
(1) Source: MZA - The Western Europe Call Control (PBX/IP PBX) Market – Q3, 2016
(2) Source: MZA - The Western Europe Call Control (PBX/IP PBX) Market – Q3, 2016